Effective Date: [9/01/2023]
Information We Collect
Our Website (defined below) collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or his or her device or household (“personal information”). In particular, Forged4x4’s site, http://www.forged4x4.com (“Website”), has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
[TABLE OF PERSONAL DATA]
|A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, phone number, or other similar identifiers.
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
|A name, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
|Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
|D. Commercial information.
|Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|E. Biometric information.
|Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.
|Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement via software such as Google Analytics
|G. Geolocation data.
|H. Sensory data.
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. Such as audio recordings of customer service calls, voicemail recordings, pictures of winners, and similar.
|I. Professional or employment-related information.
|Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
|Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
|Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
|L. Other Categories of Personal Data that Relates to or is Reasonably Capable of Being Associated with You
|The content and messages you provide directly to us or via social media websites, networks or other services that host user-generated content (e.g., your comments to our Instagram or Facebook posts or when you tag or otherwise link us in your social media posts).
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the US State Privacy Law’s scope, like:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA);
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Forged4x4 obtains the categories of personal information listed above (see Information We Collect) from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- From our third party service providers. For example, we utilize a third party sweepstakes firm to randomly select the winner form a list we provide.
- Additionally, we use Google Analytics to help track how users are accessing the site.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the categories of personal information listed above (see Information We Collect) for one or more of the following business and commercial purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to win our sweepstakes or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry or notify you of winning. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To announce the winners of our past sweepstakes and contests for our own marketing and promotional services on our Website and through our social media platforms.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and to pursue legal matters such as defending against claims and/or establishing or exercising any legal rights Forged4x4 has.
- To establish and verify the identity of users and to comply with all applicable laws, court orders, and regulations.
- To send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information about our policy changes, and other administrative messages.
- To facilitate our accounting, auditing, and reporting requirements for internal purposes.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the US State Privacy Law.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Forged4x4’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Forged4x4’s about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To send newsletters or messages informing you of new products, services, sweepstakes, and similar
Forged4x4’s will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
Forged4x4 may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business or commercial purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share the categories of personal information listed above (see Information We Collect) with the following categories of third parties for a business or commercial purpose:
- Service providers.
- Data aggregators.
- Data Analytics providers
- Technical Platforms our site is built on
- Social Networks
Sales of Personal Information
We do not sell your data in exchange for monetary consideration. In order to support tailored advertisements, offers, or content that you may find interesting when you browse the internet, we may share the personal information that you provide to us or that we collect about you with our trusted third party partners that support online advertising, data co-operatives, mobile advertising, data analytics, social media engagement, data brokers advertising networks or any other activity that may be considered cross-behavioral advertising. This transfer could be defined as a sale, sharing for cross-context behavioral advertising or targeted advertising.
In the past 12-months, we have transferred the following types of information for this purpose: (A) persistent identifiers such as unique device identifiers, email addresses, account information, IP addresses, information related to your browser, operation system, or any information that you provided to your account and (B) user activity data such as the data you provided when sign up to our services.
You can may opt-out of this at any time by going to the following page: XXX
Your Rights and Choices
The US State Privacy Law provides residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Forged4x4 discloses certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information.
- The categories of personal information we share for a business purpose, or if we have not disclosed consumers’ personal information for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, we shall disclose that fact.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Forged4x4 deletes any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- Emailing us at [email protected]; or
- Mailing us your written request at:
Attn: Legal – US State Privacy Law
1804 Garnet Avenue. #387
San Diego, Ca. 92109
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide at least three pieces of personal information about yourself that confirm details of personal information we have collected about you to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information from.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- Include a statement from you that you “declare under penalty of perjury that you are the person about whom the Right to Access/Delete request has been made.”
You are also permitted to designate an authorized agent to submit the above requests on your behalf. For an authorized agent to be verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may also follow up with you to verify your identity according to the above method before processing the authorized agent’s request. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you or the person you are claiming to be an authorized agent of.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
You may exercise your rights under the US State Privacy Law without discrimination. However, if you choose not to provide us with certain information, you may not be eligible to receive certain promotions and offers for our products and services (e.g., if you do not sign up for our sweepstakes, you will not benefit from the opportunity of potentially winning the prize or gift of such sweepstakes.).
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at:
Attn: Legal – US State Privacy Law
1804 Garnet Avenue. #387
San Diego, Ca. 92109
In addition, under this law you are entitled to be advised how we handle “Do Not Track” browser signals. Forged4x4 does not track its users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such websites, most web browsers (like Safari) allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Forged4x4 reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Email: [email protected]
Attn: Legal – US State Privacy Law
1804 Garnet Avenue. #387
San Diego, Ca. 92109